Monday, October 29, 2007

Struggles

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Do you find yourself struggling at times? Do you find yourself struggling to put the remote down and get in the Word? Do you find yourself struggling to get off of the computer at night and love your wife as Christ loved the church? Do you find yourself struggling to get up a few minutes early on Sunday morning or leave the office a few minutes early on Wednesday evening and fellowship with other believers? I guess there are two ways to look at this. If you answer yes you should, in a sense, be glad. Maybe you are struggling because you are actually doing what we are called to do and Satan is unsettled with your success. He is scheming against you, trying to get you off track. Listen to what Paul went through as he served Christ with everything he had -

II Corinthians 11: 24 - 29 24Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

If life is pretty good and you are not struggling, maybe you should be concerned. Maybe you are of no concern to the adversary. Maybe he is focusing his efforts on modern day Pauls, those he thinks are a threat to his kingdom on Earth. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment